How to get a Digital Signature Certificate in India- Benefits & Types of DSC
Owing to the widespread significance of the internet, you cannot expect to physically sign every important document that has to be uploaded online. Therefore, a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) becomes extremely important in legal and government-related formalities.
If you are not much aware of what it is and how it functions, here is everything important that you need to know before getting your DSC prepared:-
How to get a Digital Signature Certificate?
Following are the steps that you need to follow to get your DSC prepared:-
- Fill the required form clearly stating the type of DSC you want.
- Attach a copy of self-attested government recognized photo identity proof.
- Attach a copy of self-attested address proof.
- Submit the form.
You need to follow DSC online application process and your DSC will be created once your documents get verified.
Benefits of a Digital Signature Certificate
Owning a DSC these days has made plenty of important tasks easier. Here are some of the primary benefits that you should know:-
- Forgery of important documents gets eliminated to a great extent when you are digitally signing them and submitting them online without using physical copies of the documents.
- It is easier to sign the documents online when you are in a hurry to upload them or submit them for your official tasks. Also, it helps in saving paper to an extent as you need not print multiple copies for signing the documents.
- You can stay assured that your data is secure after you have digitally signed the documents using a DSC. The encryption method is used to secure a document and the encrypted document is very difficult to be understood by hackers or unauthorized people.
- You can sign and send the documents within a couple of minutes. Thus, it saves a lot of time when you have to do several online transactions and uploads. Had the DSC mechanism not been started, you will have to take a print out of every important document, manually sign the pages and scan it to upload it online.
- It has become a mandatory requirement in most of the government forms these days.
Types or Classes of a Digital Signature Certificate
Here are the three types of DSCs:-
- Class 1 Certificate- These certificates are for individuals and private subscribers who want to confirm their name, email address and other personal details while digitally signing a document.
- Class 2 Certificate- These certificates are needed by the signing authorities of companies like their directors, company secretaries and more who are supposed to sign the documents and the forms to the Registrar of Companies (ROC). It is a mandatory certificate and the proceedings of the ROC cannot be completed without a Class 2 DSC.
- Class 3 Certificate- These certificates are needed by those who are into bidding, online tenders and other related works across India. It is even needed by those who are participating in auctions.
Fill the DSC application form properly and apply online to make your tasks easier.