What Are the Advantages of Using Fiber Network Services For Business?
The best way to face competition and survive in the market is by releasing quality products and providing excellent customer service. Both of these are possible when the enterprise has experienced employees and the latest business system with a good network connection. Each of these should work in synchronization to provide the desired results for the enterprise.
While many enterprises are moving the business systems to the cloud platform, the importance of using a proper network connection has increased. Accessing the system, interacting with other employees, suppliers, vendors, customers, and clients can be done only when there is a good internet connection that enables the employees to constantly send and receive information.
Data connectivity can give enterprises a definite edge over competitors. Data connectivity and internet connection for domestic purposes are quite easy to handle. The same cannot be said for an enterprise as many factors come into the picture.
There are three basic types of business internet connections- Cable, DSL, and Fiber.
- DSL (Digital Subscriber Line)
- DSL is one of the oldest and most affordable methods of getting a business internet connection. It is also known as Ethernet over Copper.
- Local telephone lines are used to transmit data. This not just slows down the speed of data transfer but is also not reliable.
- A high-speed business internet connection requires a cable. The standard coax cable lines (used by television service providers) are used to offer internet services.
- Though this method is quite reliable when compared to DSL, the speed can vary according to the bandwidth and usage.
- The speed slows down drastically during the peak usage hours.
- Fiber optics is quickly gaining attention for all the right reasons. Fiber Network Services For Business offers equal bandwidth for uploading and downloading information.
- It is highly scalable and can sustain the peak hour usage while delivering the same speed.
- It is also one of the most reliable methods for ensuring internet connectivity.
Enterprises can opt for either of the internet connection services. It depends on the type, usage, and volume of the business. The distance between the service providers and the location of the enterprise also plays a part. But in today’s scenario, where business operations are largely dependent on the internet connection, the Fiber network is replacing DSL and cable. There are many reasons why enterprises are choosing to invest in the Fiber network despite the cost being slightly high compared to DSL or cable. Let us take a look at some of the advantages of using the Fiber network internet connection.
- Enterprises will have faster access to cloud services. This will result in reducing the overall cost of maintaining the IT infrastructure as most of it can be leased and hosted on the cloud platform.
- Uninterrupted internet connection makes it easy to interact and communicate with customers and vendors through video chat or multimedia conference meetings. The parties involved can talk face to face while living in different locations.
- By making video conferencing a primary method of communication, enterprises can lower the cost spent on traveling to different locations for the same meetings.
- Faster and efficient internet connection results in business agility and expansion. Enterprises can spread the business into newer markets across the globe. The geographical barriers will not limit the expansion of the business.
- Enterprises can provide improved customer service using big data and fiber networks. Happy customers would invariably translate to increased business returns.
- By using the new apps and services, enterprises can focus on personalized products to cater to different kinds of customers. Personalization and customization of products and services are changing the way customers look at a business.
- Fiber Network Services For Business has higher bandwidth and provides superior signal, irrespective of the distance between the provider and the receiver.
- Cable technology is different. It is lighter, smaller, yet sturdy when compared to the ordinary cable and is highly reliable.
- Though the initial costs might seem high, the long-term advantage of using the Fiber network is the reduction in the overall cost of investment in various aspects of the business.
If any enterprise is still debating about adopting the Fiber network and the cloud services, this is the right time to take the plunge. With more than 80% of the businesses already using the cloud platform to host their IT infrastructure, it has become vital for others to follow suit if they want to keep up with the increasing competition in the market.
It is essential to choose the right business internet service provider that can handle the complexities of the business and is flexible enough to scale the services (speed, volume, security, and performance) depending on the changing needs of the business.