What is Netflix Code NW-2-5 & How to Fix Code NW-2-5 Netflix Error?
In the current generation, everyone loves to spend time watching web series, movies on different online platforms. Most of the people prefer Netflix for entertainment purposes. Nowadays life seems half-done without the services offered by Netflix. Approximately 65% of the world is using Netflix services for fulfilling their entertainment purposes. Netflix is the best tool to upgrade the exploit level. What if you face some issues in the connection? Those times will frustrate users when some issues transpire on the Netflix service. Many users whine about the Netflix code NW-2-5 error. Before we start with the solution, the first thing is to know the real definition of “Netflix NW-2-5”. Why and How it occurs?
What Does the Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 mean?
Netflix Error NW-2-5 is the error occurs when the user faces issues in network connectivity. This issue can occur on any system (Smart TV, Blu-Ray Player, PS 3 and PS 4). The error indicates that your device network connection is not permitting Netflix services. Before going through the below solution, always check the internet connectivity and check the bandwidth of the network. In some cases, the Netflix streaming service is unavailable in a particular network. If your network has a limited bandwidth then communicate with your network administrator.
How to fix Netflix error code NW-2-5?
For NW-2-5 Netflix error, the user fails to enjoy the Netflix service. If you experience with NW-2-5 Netflix error code, then you need to follow the below steps to configure it. These steps will help you to resolve the Netflix error NW-2-5 code within a few minutes.
Procedure 1- Check the Internet connection
- Contact the network administrator and ask him the details about the network bandwidth.
- If your network does not permit the Netflix services then use an alternative network connection.
- If your internet connection supports Netflix services but you are facing issues in streaming the content then make sure that the Netflix is not blocked purposely.
- Cross-checked the speed of the Internet and restart your device.
After following all the above-mentioned steps but you fail to fix Netflix error code NW-2-5 then you need to try the succeeding step.
Procedure 2:- If the Netflix error code NW-2-5 caused by the router then user have two options- 1:- Bypass the router
2:- DNS settings
Step 1- Bypass the Router
Sometimes your connection does not have an issue but the router may have some issues then you need to follow the below points to overcome the Netflix error code NW-2-5.
- Switch off the Router connection for a while.
- Use the Ethernet cable to connect your device with the modem.
- Unplug the modem connection and later plug it back with turning on the connection.
- After setup, turn on your device and try to use Netflix again.
Step 2:- DNS settings for PS3 and PS4
If any of the above steps fail to fix the issue then you may have some problems in DNS settings. For configuring the DNS setting issue you need to follow below-mentioned steps:-
- Visit to the settings.
- Select the network settings.
- Go to Internet connection settings.
- Visit to the Custom setting and choose the connection method as per availability (wired or wireless).
For wired connections, users need to choose Auto-Detect for operation mode and choose Automatic settings for the both IP address and DNS settings.
- In DHCP host name select the Do not use option and for MTU set it to Automatic.
- For proxy servers select the “Do not use” option.
- Enable the UPnP and start the connection
For the Wi-Fi connection, the process is slightly different than the standard DNS settings. The steps are as follows:-
- Select the WLAN settings
- Choose the Manual settings
- For IP Address setting, click on the right portion of the d-pad
- Select the Wi-Fi network and follow the same steps of a wired connection to fix the NW-2-5 Netflix error.
How to fix the Netflix NW-2-5 error in Smart tv?
Step 1- Shut down the Smart tv completely.
Step 2- Unplug the whole system.
Step 3- Wait for at least 2 minutes.
Step 4- Discharge the TV connection by pressing the power button for 5 seconds.
Step 5- After 5 minutes switch on the smart tv and visit to the Netflix tab to see if the above steps worked for you.
Step 6- If the method does not help you to fix the error then repeat the whole process once.
Your Netflix has encountered an error code NW-2-5? The above-mentioned procedures will help the user to fix the error. You just need to follow the steps carefully and you will be able to fix the error. If you require any external assistance then you are required to communicate with a technical expert.