What are the benefits of sandalwood oil and where is it used widely?
Sandalwood oil is one of the most famous essential oils. Initially, it was grown in a number of pockets all around southwestern Asia. However, with the changing climate and vegetation, the cultivation of sandalwood trees is now concentrated in certain parts of India only. Generally, pure sandalwood essential oil is used in aromatherapy but recently, sandalwood oil has shown positive effects in relieving a number of other symptoms in the human body. The other use of sandalwood oil is in soaps, cosmetics, and perfumes due to its famous pleasant smell. If treated in the perfect way, this oil can also be used for flavoring of food such as chocolates and other desserts. Here Indus Valley sell the organic and pure sandalwood oil, there are a lot of benefits which is given below:
Benefits of Sandalwood Oil
We have curated a list of all the areas in which sandalwood oil has shown positive effects:
- Human Health: Sandalwood oil cures or at least relieve the symptoms of a number of mental and physical ailments such as urinary tract infections, sore throats, low libido, liver problems, insomnia, indigestion, high blood pressure, problems in the gall bladder, fever, fatigue, diarrhea, bronchitis, and anxiety.
- Insomnia and Anxiety: The strong smell of sandalwood oil also helps in reducing the symptoms of anxiety and calms the senses of any human. It also enhances the concentration ability of humans. Sandalwood oil has also shown to promote sound sleeping activities in the patients suffering from any symptoms of insomnia.
- Cognitive Ability: The strong smell of sandalwood oil not only calms down senses, but also helps the brain focus on the important things and hence, enhances the cognitive abilities of an average human. It also enhances productivity skills.
Despite having a number of positive effects on the human body, sandalwood is often accompanied by a number of side effects.
- Sandalwood oil is very concentrated in nature and hence, it should not be applied to a large part of the skin at one go. It might lead to strong chemical burns or skin rashes or constant skin irritation.
- A long period of exposure to sandalwood oil can also lead to an increase in stress and high blood pressure.
- Some people are allergic to sandalwood oil and they apply the oil without prior knowledge of this situation. Thus, it is recommended to check with your dermatologist before applying the oil to your skin.
- Sandalwood oil is not built for consumption. It might lead to kidney damage, urination with blood, abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, and internal itching. This is due to the allergic reaction that the body shows when the oil is ingested without the required antidote.
Sandalwood oil should be kept away from children and pregnant women as the strong fumes of the same can cause adverse effects.
We hope that this article was helpful and you were able to understand the importance of sandalwood oil in our daily life. We would recommend you, however, to consult your physician before using this essential oil on parts of your body.