A safety officer is one who looks after the safety of people at the workplace. They ensure the safety of all the employees and provide the solution to their problems. These people play an important role in any big organization or industry. They work in large construction companies or industries to reduce the risk. They also provide training to employees about health and safety laws and regulations.
If you are the one who loves to train people and interested in making sure the safety of many employees. Then, this is the best career option for you. One of the best things about this career option is that it is in high demand in the core sectors as well as the new construction companies.
Training and certification required:
The qualification or training you need to become a safety officer is dependent on different organizations and industries. Well, the minimum qualification required to get a job in any firm is a bachelor degree. To get safety officer job, you also need to gain some experience. It is also suggested to do full research and choose your industry to pursue a particular course.
Essential skills that can make you successful:
- Physical ability to do the work
- Ability to maintain safe work environment.
- Problem-solving ability
In which area safety officer can get a job?
A safety officer can work in any kind of industry or in any sector. However, they found in larger organizations, as well as in Mining, construction and engineering firms.
Safety officers are required in almost all industries. And, there are various job opportunities for safety officers in India, Due to the diversity of the health& safety industries. Seekers can get jobs in both governments as well as in public sectors. Many companies offer best job opportunities to candidates, who have done some safety training courses.
As a fresher one can start his/her career as a safety representative and after few years of experience one can apply for the post of officer and manager.
Here are few steps to take to safety officer job:
- Choose the industry you want to work with: To take the first step towards your bright and successful career starts your research. There are so many industries which offer a job in this profile. Select in which type of company you want to work.
- Gain some experience: It’s better to start early, start by taking an internship at any company. Learn as much as you can in your internship program and increase your chance to be placed in the same company.
- Develop your skill every day: Each day is a learning day. Try to enhance your skills daily. Find out your own strength and weakness for better improvement.
- Start applying for jobs: Start with research about new job openings in your location. Explore the internet to find vacancies and make your profile on every job portal to catch the attention of recruiters. Also, put a little focus on your resume and discover opportunities via. other professional networks.
Khushboo Setiya is an online media enthusiast and a blogger who closely follows the latest Career, Job and online marketing trends. She writes about various related topics such as Digital marketing, SEO, Career guidance, Job Search techniques and much more.