Fertility Treatment: IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)
IVF, also known as In Vitro Fertilization is a common infertility treatment. It is a method of getting pregnant and in this process of fertilization an egg is mixed with a sperm in a test tube or elsewhere outside the body.
Is IVF for me?
If you are someone who is trying hard to become pregnant, having unprotected intercourse regularly but still fail to conceive then IVF is for you. IVF can prove helpful to all those women who has certain complications with egg quality, whose fallopian tubes are blocked, has reached menopause; whose partner has low sperm count. IVF can be an option for those who have unexplained infertility as well as the same sex couples. You can choose best IVF doctor in India.
How does IVF work?
IVF functions in various steps:
- Ovary stimulation – in this step doctors monitor your menstrual cycle, then they give you a fertility drug so that your ovaries produce multiple mature eggs for fertilization.
- Follicle development – while on this medication you need visit your doctor at an interval of two to three days so that your doctor can monitor the development of follicles.
- The trigger shot –once he follicle are fully developed, you get an injection or “tiger shot” that makes the eggs capable of being fertilized.
- Gathering the eggs – this step a thin needle is inserted in the upper walls of your vagina in order to remove the eggs from the follicles. After the eggs are retrieved, you can experience cramps but most of the women get well within two to three days.
- Fertilization – in this step eggs will be examined by an embryologist and then they will be mixed with your partner’s sperm, after that this will be put in incubator overnight. Fertilization takes place in this time.
- Developing embryos – eggs that are fertilized will become six to ten celled embryos. By the 5th day of this process these eggs begin to separate into placenta and baby.
- Embryo selection – after three to five days of egg retrieval embryologist place the most viable embryo into your uterus.
- Planting the embryos –doctor then place up to five embryos in patients’ uterus depending upon her age and diagnosis.
- Successful implantation – lastly, if the treatment works on your body, you get a baby. But remember the chances of begetting twins, triplets, or more is about 20% more through IVF.
What is the success rate of IVF?
IVF can never guarantee you 100% success. Success rate may vary depending upon the reasons of infertility as well as age.
Advantage of IVF
- So far the track record of IVF is successful
- This technology has no link with cancer
- Day by day the researchers try to improve the procedures of IVF
Cost of IVF in the best ivf doctor in india
After discussing the steps involved in and advantages of In Vitro Fertilization let us make you aware about the basic cost incurred in this process of fertilization. The average cost for one session of IVF in India is almost Rs.2, 50,000 but it can go up to Rs.4, 50,000.