Disc Blades For Sale: Address Your Worn-Out Blades Today!
Disking is one the important agriculture practice for improving soil granulation, surface uniformity, provoking the weed growth/destroying existing emerged weed, and fusing crop residues in the soil. Disc harrow blades are essential farming implements which are used to break-up the agriculture surface clods and crusts for preparing the soil for sowing or planting or to chop-up the unwanted remainders at the season end.
There are three main types of discs harrows:-
- Single-action disc harrows used by farmers in smaller lots to break soil in only one direction. The uniformity in the operation of such discs blades helps in the formation of furrows and soil ridges. Farmland segments that require more control, opt for such type of disc harrows. Such process also involves manual pulling soil.
- Tandem disc harrow or double-action (two or more rows of disc gangs for fields with the larger area). These are top-notch leveling implements and are mostly used for a finer cut. The disc harrow blades do not leave any pattern while scrambling the ground and they can break the soil in both front and rear direction.
- Offset disc harrow( consists of two rows of disc gangs and is one of the largest disc harrows) are not in line with the tractor dragging it and is used for breaking soil in both front and the rear direction the in the large fields. This disc harrow results in lot smoother ground level and is used as one of the important ground tillage farming equipment.
Disc harrow blades differ in diameter, thickness, and curvature depth. The concavity of these blades helps in effective aerating and displacement of soil. The thickness of the blades can assist with the durability and weight of the blade whereas diameter relies on your harrow assembly or equipment used to till the soil.
When you are replacing disc harrow blades:-
- Do not compromise on the quality of the welds, workmanship, and construction material
- Look for heavy disc harrows for effectively pushing the discs in the soil and avoiding unsafe working conditions(no need to stack blocks on top of disc harrows).
- Choose adjustable harrows whose gangs of the disc can be angled to properly tear into the soil.
- Go for notched discs or clay-like surface and smooth disc for the ground which resembles like sand.
- For prolonged use of disc harrows, keep bolts tightened, axles greased, and buy best quality disc harrow bearings.
You can check-out the wide selection of disc blades for sale at Windsor portal which is available in multiple types, diameter, high-quality steel, and hardness to perfectly match with your tillage requirements. All these blades come with center holes to fit round/square axles effectively.