Whenever you are thinking of building a website, one typical question that is laid in front of you is ‘what hosting do you want?’ On doing thorough research, it is overwhelming and confusing at the same time to know that there are plenty of web hosting packages for plenty of web hosting types. There are packages for small and large businesses differently.
There are types shared web hosting, Virtual Private server hosting, and dedicated server hosting. When you consider the parameters of security, flexibility, independence, and performance, every hosting has something to offer you. On each hosting, one feature is better in one type of hosting while the other is better in the other. But if you take a close look, a dedicated server hosting is superior to all different types of hosting.
When you compare one of the most striking differences among all the available hosting options is the cost. Dedicated hosting is one of the premium hosting options.
It doesn’t matter whether you are going for a California based web hosting provider or a Lancaster web hosting provider or giving a contract to your close childhood friend, the costing for a dedicated server will always be on the higher side compared to any other web hosting plans. Even if you go for a budget dedicated hosting, it will cost more than a Virtual Private Server hosting and much more than shared hosting.
Although expensive, for large businesses who are looking to expand their business and reach out to more people, a budget dedicated hosting remains the best option. The features offered by the dedicated hosting to enhance your company justify the cost that you put in it.
So, if you have a dedicated hosting plan or are on the verge of settling with a dedicated hosting plan, here is how you can make the most of it, and get the value for the money you have put in:
- Explore all your resources: When you have dedicated hosting plan, all the resources on the server belong to you entirely. You are free to change the allocation of resources to your websites such as CPU, RAM, and memory storage. You can allocate the resources and reallocate the resources several times until you are satisfied with the allocation.
- Performance: While using dedicated web hosting, all the resources are yours. You don’t have to hesitate or hold back in attracting traffic to your website. Even if there is a sudden spike or surge in the traffic on your website or a consistent rise in traffic day by day, your site will perform well. You can run errands and get business on your website without worrying about the website’s efficiency. A dedicated hosting prepares you to cater to increased requests on your website.
- Server Management: A dedicated server gives you complete control over the server. You can install and run any program that you want and configure your CPU, RAM, and other hardware devices to suit your purpose.
With this liberty at your disposal, there is so much you can do. You can time the programs and select when they should run. You can even set the priority, loop the programs and also code them to run in different conditions. It is a great power that the dedicated server vests in you. You can make most of this, and create your customized server ecosystem.
- Always feel secure: Owing to the isolation that the dedicated hosting offers you, your data, your files are protected from all the security breaches. To be very sure about being secure always, you can implement various security layers to the server. The security layers will solely protect your server. There will never be any effect on your server because of noise on other servers.
- Performance parameters: Having a dedicated hosting server means that you are ready for the future, to expand your business and to ace the technological part of your business. Your website will always be up and will never let your visitors down.
- IP Address uniqueness: A dedicated server assigns a unique IP address to your website while in shared hosting, all the websites share the IP address. This offers greater security and also increased control of the website. Thus the functionality of the website and the SEO ranking also increases.
Reliability, uptime, revert speed, security, and scalability, is everything that you look for in any web hosting, and dedicated hosting, aces all these parameters. Whenever you are being compared to your competitor, your website performance will always be ahead of the competitor. And trust you me, it is important. When you know, you can hand down beat your competitor on one of the major parameters, it boosts your confidence and will in doing business, and that means a lot.